Friday, September 28, 2012

New York City Summed up.


So… It has been a crazy three weeks for me and NW Elixirs Hott Sauce as well as my catering company High Heat Catering.
                First things first; I’m pretty sure everyone out there wants to know how my trips to NYC turned out. Well, I fell in love…With the city of course, the culture, food, art, architecture, but the most amazing part of NYC is the pace in which the city moves. I use the term “pace” often to say the least. It’s a rugby term that refers to the timing and cohesion of the game. And in the case of New York City, the term fits appropriately. Those who live in the city or surrounding burrows move with a purpose. I can now see where the common misconception of New Yorkers being rude stems from, to an average person or tourist rubber necking, the pace of the city and its inhabitants could seem rude, people don’t just stop to smell the roses, they have jobs often two or three, they are striving to be on time because if you miss a bus any one of the next thousand people may get the job done before them. There is no time to waste in NYC only time to be productive. I felt right at home in this city, it was like I was meant to be there. I have always enjoyed being on time, the pleasure of knowing if I work hard I can achieve my goals, and of course the play hard that comes with that. I spoke with many New Yorkers asked for directions enjoyed the subway and of course the pace. So don’t let the stereotypes rule your experience; well I guess that can go for all aspects of life. When you get the chance go to New York City, enjoy the lights, sounds, smells, flavors, and people. Ask a local where their favorite restaurant is veer off the beaten path and experience more than the typical tourist activities. Join the pace and see the Big Apple as it is meant to be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment