Sunday, March 6, 2011

Farm to Table Tours

So as many have you heard, I have begun a new adventure in my life -- I am going to bring you to the places I love to buy produce, dairy, chicken, lamb, elk ,and of course wine. I want to bring you to the source. So what is the plan for our tour? Well, we will leave from Northwest Portland at a specific location and then head out to our first destination.  Upon arrival at the Farm we will have a tour from the farmer and pick out the produce we want to use for our dinner. Then we jump back into the van and head off to the next farm where will meet a goat cheese maker, sample cheese, and learn the basics of how to make it and again pick out what we'd like to enjoy with dinner. Our third stop will be at SuDan Farms where we will pick up fresh lamb, duck eggs, and chicken.  Then we will head off to a local winery where you will receive a a tour and wine tasting. While you're doing that, my assistant and I will prepare our family style dinner and we'll all sit together and enjoy dinner at the winery with the wines and fresh air. These tours are unlike anything you've ever experienced and they will push your senses to another level. This is my way to show you in person "My Chef Life."

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Twitter account yet? You should get one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bethany I do I am FarmTable_Chef at twitter

    ReplyDelete